Introduction: The Logos are either original designs or recreations. In some cases, the are redesigns either modified or entirely new. The purpose is to provide a variety of examples of my skill set working within various restrictions.
1. Feather of Confidence Logo: Nickname: RESURRECTION LOGO: I am a big Star Trek fan and I like to cling on to things but I decided to do the opposite and abandon my old corporate colors for something more fun. My Phoenix has come to life with the traditional fire colors: yellow, orange and red. The reason for the Phoenix is to represent the rebirth or resurrection of my Advertising Agency. The Yellow Circle represents the SUN which is commonly connected with the Phoenix. The Red represent not only FIRE, but also passion for Advertising and Design. The logo is more realistic based than the original logo and has more detail so I can impress on people my ability to do design. Some people are not as impressed with Abstract Realism. So, I redesigned it and created a brand new logo from the original logo. The horns represent my Birth Month (Taurus) and the Helix represents my creative gene. The Phoenix was designed by Feather of Confidence and the font is the original font from my 2008 Logo only modified - Bickham Script Pro. May it last 500 years and more.
2. Braniff International: I gave myself a challenge to prove why just using Initials is not creative. It is simple and that is it. Whereas my version is SCI-FI + T = A
The original logo at times included a Dove. My logo has a Raven. The reason for the Raven stems from the Gaelic meaning of Braniff (Black Raven). I designed the Raven to fit the tailwind of any Airplane. The color scheme is to be more pro-American. MY VERSION is more creative than the previous version used by Braniff. Their logo was predominately an acronym, BI but that logo didn't fit. Plus it made all their planes BI-Planes.
3. Isabella Logo: Created from scratch for my friend in Texas. Between you and me, I think she's secretly with NASA and she's testing to see how talented I am. Her favourite color is orange, favourite movie genre is Comedy-Romance and she wanted her name in a script-like font. I used the Thalia from the Theatre Masks, a rose to represent romance and orange because it's her favourite color.
4. Quebec Wolf Pack: The new and improved Quebec Nordiques. Instead of just doing a logo redesign, I decided it would be more advantageous to rename the team and then design a new logo. The Wolf Pack was inspired by the indigenous animal life surrounding Quebec City. Also, it was inspired by my Quebec Nordiques Arrow redesign. If you look close enough it is shaped like an arrowhead. Still pointing North. Plus Hockey players tend to move in packs. Plus it looks totally badass. Looks like an African Tribal Mask from the 22nd Century. Hasn't happened yet, but this logo exists now. I think it would work. I see lots of victories and merchandise sales because of it! It is a winning logo.
5. Quebec Nordiques logo revised: This is an overhaul and the logo was designed with a modern style arrow with the fleur-de-lis inset. I believed that the original logo did not accurately reflect the name. The name translated into English means North, or North People.
6. My Jolly Roger is one of my better logos and examples of complex illustration. I created this for the Pirates of the Caribbean poster for my son. I am a capable illustrator and more than capable of creating complex illustrations. Those types of illustrator designs will follow when I have more time to focus on illustrations.
7. LV RAIDERS LOGO: Instead of a pirate, I thought it would be more appropriate to have the Skull and Cross Swords to be the ideal pirate image. Likewise, I don't want this to be confused for the Tampa Bay Buccaneers. Mine is unique enough and creative enough to justify changing their current logo to my logo.
8. LV CYLON RAIDERS illustration - Modeled after the BSG DVD collection image that they use for the cover and I recreated it in Illustrator. The Cylons look like Football players from the future. Talk about Grid Iron! LOL.
9. GHOST RIDERS - If Marvel starts their own football team, the logo is already to go.
10. Italian Stallion: Inspired by Rocky. I created a new version to incorporate the colors black and gold as in the original and the colors of the Italian flag as a symbol of his heritage.
11. ROCKY LOGO: Recreated for the purpose of demonstrating my ability to create any type of logo out there and create something totally unique, or put a new spin on it or recreate an existing logo from scratch.
12. Adam and Eve: One of my first clients I ever had when I first opened back in 2008, I was asked to draw up a new logo for them. I have two colors of brown to represent dark and light chocolate and little swirls like you would find on a bonbon.
13. LeAnn Rimes: Made her logo less modern and more traditional because while LeAnn is a very hip and modern kind of gal, she is also very sweet, down-to-earth old-fashion country girl. I picked making her logo more traditional and fun. A very simple traditional look and a little heart to prove how much I love her. The L is an 8th musical symbol and the two lower case e's are a musical whole note with a a swirl underneath to make it look like an e.
14. HMV: Their current logo is called the Lights Are On logo, which was designed based on pop culture of the 80's when we were into neon lights. I think it needs to be more relevant. My version is more based on the music side of their business. I have always liked Heavy Metal and they always have the best logos, so I did up my style of a Heavy Metal logo. I kept the pink to represent females, blue for males and the rainbow for everyone.
15 and 16. NASA: THE RIGHT STUFF AND BOLDLY GO LOGO: After trying to get NASA's attention to redo their existing logo because while I never had a problem with it, they did, because they refer to it as the Meatball. I don't believe the artist did anything intentional to make it look that way but I have my own version of it and I think if it is going to use American colors than the stars should look like stars from the American Flag but not represent literal stars but Planets in our system. Eight large stars for the main planets and five small stars for the mini planets in our system. Thirteen planets in total, just like when the United States first began. The font is the Boldly Go logo: Not only easy to read but lots of thought went into this logo. I created it to be more representative of what NASA is in my mind, a great and noble agency with all the hopes of mankind resting on it. The logo was loosely based on the Worm or as I have nicknamed it, the Spaghetti. Spaghetti goes better with Meatballs. The A's represent the Shuttles, Challenger and Columbia. The shape of both A's is similar to the nosecone of the Shuttle which was a major part of the Space Program for 40 years. The inside part of the first A is similar to that of the emblem of Star Trek. It is a star, a symbol of NASA's journey and ongoing mission to explore Space. The large star represents the 8 large planets in our solar system, and the small star represents the five smaller planets. The two stars are also symbolic of the merging between the Boldly Go Logo and the Right Stuff. The Blue Circle now represents Earth and the Universe. 3. TOP GUN: MAVERICK: ReCreated to prove that I can design a logo of similar design and complexity.
17 Scottsinfo: One of the first logos I ever created. I did a mock up version and had my mac artist from the old days do up an illustrator version. This was for the corporate website that I was responsible for and the site was up within a month and made its money back within a month. This is a recreation of the original version that I did myself.
18. Galactica title Logo: Once upon a time, I was on a site dedicated to Galactica and all things related. It was rumoured, that if I could recreate or design something superior to the current logo and recreate the Phoenix Logo, I would be blessed with an opportunity to meet one of my favourite. I know people don't like to lose, but come on guys, anti up.
19. Galactica phoenix logo. This logo inspired me to use an abstract phoenix . Each point on the wings represents the 12 colonies. I believe that the head of the Phoenix has meaning - i believe this to represent the 13th colony, Earth. The Phoenix also has a direct reference to the original TV series from the 1970's. This is the resurrection of the show and therefore, the Phoenix has a double meaning.
20. Jedi Symbol: Recreated by Feather of Confidence 2019. The symbol is a blend of the light saber and the Phoenix. This symbol represents the rebirth of the Jedi Order but the rebirth of balance to the Force.
21. and 22. S.H.I.E.L.D./Hyrdra logo from the Captain America poster: S.H.I.E.L.D. and HYDRO logos were created to be a metaphor in the poster that each person carries their own shield and has their own burdens to bare during World War 2.
23. Top Gun: Maverick: Just like the character, people say, Feather of Confidence is a loner. I correct them and say, I own it. This logo proves I am the best of what's left. Draw!
24. TOP GUN: I crashed and burned the first time. This time it is looking pretty good so far. Especially the recreation of the logo. Actually, it is more like a redesign. Actually, mine looks better. Just saying...
25. 007: Creative, Not Mundane. A slightly new version of the current James Bond Logo.
26. The St. Clair Health Club: a very cute and posh gym, owned and operated by the Westons. It catered to the rich and social elite. The logo is based on the original symbol of the persons working out. Instead of a single image, I used two images to represent the person using the letter "S" and "C" for the St. Clair Club. The color choice is to represent passion for fitness (RED) and new beginnings (GREEN). The original club colours were grey and purple. Yuck!
27. Lemon-Aid: This logo was created by my son, his hand drawn version of this was created to sell lemonade for Sick Kids and he called it Lemon-Aid to aid all the kids who are sick.
28. Atlas: This was redrawn for Beatdown Sports: As a favor to the owner because Atlas could not access their logo because it was corrupt. i redrew it and used it in the poster.
29 Jaws: I wanted to do something a little more creative than just using red letters. I wanted something with more bite to it. The A represents either a shark's tooth or its dorsal fin.
Introduction: Similarly like the logo designs the Creative Designs are both original and modified designs. The Advertising creative is completely original.
1 & 2. The BEFORE AND AFTER: This is a symbolic representation of my advertsing agency. The BEFORE as it was when I first had it, old in its ways and not very dynamic. The AFTER is how it is now, full of life and super dynamic. This car is a 1954 Ford Crestline, which is near where I work, and it is a great design challenge. Took over 100 hours to put this together.
3 -6. Beatdown Sports Series: As advertised back in 2009. This is an updated version on the original creative. This was inspired by Heart of Darkness and represents the heart of the company and the heart of each sport that it represented.
7. Stare Eyewear: This is a recreation of a pitched creative for a billboard opportunity near the location of the store. The Photos were taken by Michael Kors. Lots of bad puns in this creative but it is eye catching.
8. Adam and Eve Chocolatier: Valentines Day: Full Page with bleed to be advertised in Toronto Life. This is another version that the client was pitched but went with a smaller version. This has call to action, benefit and timing.
9. Adam and Eve Chocolatier: Easter Egg: The font is the same the Valentine's Day advertisement and the photo was taken by Feather of Confidence. Lot's of Easter eggs in this creative. See if you can find them.
10. NASA: One of the first posters I created when I was rebuilding my portfolio. The blue circle represents both Earth and the universe. Just like the logo.
11. Bluenose 2: This is an homage to my birth province, Nova Scotia and the Bluenose 2 is a strong Canadian symbol. I decide to display the Canadian flag on the sails to illustrate how awesome it would look instead of plain white sails. I added a lens flare to the wave to exaggerate the speed of the ship. Warp speed!
12. Marines: Recruitment Poster: Demonstration: Inspired by Gene Hackman, one of my favorite heavy actors. The poster has the Marines in their dress uniform and a little lens flare on the sword to represent nobility. In the background, the monument to all the US MARINES who fought and sacrificed their lives at Iwo Jima with the American Flag proudly displayed in the background.
13-16. HMV: P.O.P. (Point of Purchase) or POP for all you music fans. I modified the Nickelback and Fefe Dobson one slightly by using Laser Lights rather than some nonsensical image which has nothing to do with Music. It looks pretty but why not have both. Laser lights have been known to be used at Music concerts. All the HMV posters are for HMV Canada, if and when it ever returns. Therefore all the artists are Canadian. Totally redid the Lord of the Rings poster. I was very happy having Evangeline Lilly in the poster as Captain Tauriel, but I wanted something more dynamic. The title is in a font similar to the movie, her name is in Elvish, and some bad puns in the description. DEADPOOL: Sometimes the image makes the creative. Ryan Reynolds likes to showoff like Burt Reynolds. I thought being a fellow Canadian, I would assist him in his efforts. So, I am creating more attention to the fact that he is grabbing his bum. According to his family, it is his greatest ASSet. I drew some arrows and put a spotlight on his ass. Wrote some killer copy to make it sound just like Ryan.
17. The Art and Symbolism of Megan Fox: I have always admired the artwork of the tattoos on Megan Fox and I am a big fan. After meeting her a couple of times, I have a better understanding of the meaning behind her tattoos. The Chinese symbol of Strength is dominate because I think this has the most relevant signifance to her personality. Within that symbol are the other tattoos which also demonstate strength. Megan face, is blended into the background because it looks awesome. The ying and yang symbol is superimposed over her face as an allusion of disguise because while the ying and yang represent duality, it also has a meaning of harmony. Marilyn Monroe, while no longer on her body, is a part of her forever, because Megan did see her as a strong woman much like herself. The moon and star are symbols of feminity. The Guilded Butterfly is a quote from Shakespeare and a message about not allowing yourself to be shallow or petty.
18. Megan Fox: Sketch and Paint: My photoshop renderings of Megan Fox in a collage to illustrate diefferent styles of renderings and how beautiful she looks in each one.
19. Leann Rimes: Where There Is a Rime, There Is A Reason. Modern and more simplified version from the Log Cabin and more Old Fashion appeal.
20. Leann Rimes: Last Call: Serve me a blonde any day of the week. Especially one as sexy as Leann Rimes. xxx
21.LeAnn Rimes: The sweetheart of the south. A poster that has one of her idols, Patsy Cline, a guitar for symbolism, a rose that represents her song, THE ROSE, and a log cabin for country imagery.
22. Weird Al/Cool Al: This is Opposite World. This is a made up album, but I have always been a fan since the 80's. I thought it would be fun to make him ultra cool cause in opposite world, everything is opposite. The title is flipped upside down and backwards, the planet is upside down. He is wearing shades, instead of nerdy glasses. The shades have the star of david ghosted into the lens. The songs featured on the album: He Stole My CD's, Don't Lick Me LIke A Dog, and of course, Opposite World.
Introduction: Similarly like the logo designs the Creative Designs are both original and modified designs. The Advertising creative is completely original.
1. BATMAN RETURNS: One of my favorite scenes, the masquerade dance. Michael Keaton as Bruce Wayne and Michelle Pfeiffer as Selina Kyle. In this scene they discover their true identities and don't know whether to keep dancing or start fighting. I love this struggle between identifies. I see it as a larger metaphor to represent how mankind really feels about each other. If we didn't know certain facts about a person, would that change your view or would you still love them just the same? This poster is about lighting, color balance and logo design. The ice frost logo creates transparancy, a metaphor for not wearing masks - both literal and figurative. The copy: Love Has No Disguise represents their feelings for each other. Also as a metaphor for people who either try to mask their feelings for each other and for those within their culture and outside.
2. BATMAN RETURNS - White Version. Yes, that's on purpose. The Batman logo dissolves into the white background as part of the ice and snow and as a metaphor for them not wearing a disguise or masks.
3. WOLVERINE: Taking the same idea from one of the alternate versions of the movie poster where it shows Wolverine in a similar kneeling position, only during the day time, with a illustration of the Japanese red sun with three claw marks. Ironically, that is the very style that I do the majroity of my creative in which is abstract realism. In my version, I took almost the exact same picture, removed the background and foreground, added a red sunset with the Japanese symbol for Eternity.
4. TOP GUN: Nice to do some creative that doesn't involve spaceships and outer space. This involved a lot of airbrushing and photoshopping images to make it look authentic from the 80's. The NA does not mean NOT AVAILABLE! Stop it! Naval Aviator! I reused my Jolly Roger for the Skull Squadron symbol. Changed the number from 205 to 114 from the movie.
5. TOP GUN: MAVERICK: I am not a naval aviator or still enlisted with the Military. I am, however, totally ready kick some creative ass. Makes me want to re-enlist.
6. CAPTAIN AMERICA: This is a metaphor about the hardships of war and maintaining your moral courage in the darkest of times. Everyone has a shield. Their symbol and identity that they stand behind.
7. THOR: FIND THE POWER WITHIN: LOVE MY OWN COPY. Are You the God of Hammers? Or are you the God of Thunder?
8. IRON MAN: Huge fan of the Iron Man and Avenger series. Way better than the old comics. The characters are more 3 Dimensional than they were in the comics. My poster has the same iron man logo, but with different coloring. Electric bolts shooting out of his chest to symbolize the power of Iron Man. The images of Pepper and Tony are two entirely different images but photoshopped to look similar. My copy, just awesome.
9. CONAN THE BARBARIAN This creative has been an epic journey to produce. What I have done is taken an image of Arnold from Conan the Destroyer to serve as my centre piece of the creative. I have also included Ms. Sandahl Bergman in the background with Mr. James Earl Jones. I have enhanced a previously created background with the snake pit, skulls, fire, and other images from the movie. The sword flare is a symbolic representation of the power of steel and the hand that wields it. The skulls represent death and the battle that he must face to fulfill his revenge for his parents death and his people. The fire serves as a metaphor for the creation of his sword and his strength. Forged in combat and his fuel for his anger.
10. TERMINATOR 2: Easter came early. Check it out. NO FATE BUT WHAT WE MAKE.
11. TOTAL RECALL: Utilizing part of the original creative, only colorzing it RED as a representation of the planet Mars. Instead of the pyramid, I used the detonation device which looks more alien. Used the quote from the movie, GET YOUR ASS TO MARS.. A real call to action. (PUN INTENDED)
12. TRUE LIES: He's a Spy and that's no Lie. Telling the truth is new for me. I usually suffer from convulsions when I try to tell the truth. It's not natural. The Top Secret file folder creates imagery for his profession as a Spy. plus the image of a nuclear explosion directly connects with the story and creates interest. The Rose is a part of their Tango sessions and a symbol of their love. The transparent gun looks cool.
They made a great Tango couple. Shall we dance?
13. COMMMANDO: Le't Party! I'll bring the Beers! Oh, you meant you want to kill people! I bruise easily. I will just lay down and pretend. The quote is from the movie. Great battle scene. He has only a knife and pretty much is fighting hand to hand combat. This is why I referent to him showing his true colors or his true nature while reflected in the knife. The camouflage symbolizes his need to blend in with civilian life.
14. PREDATOR: Pain in the butt. I have done so many versions I hate this one! Just teasing. Love Schwarzenegger. In the original poster, it had him holding a rifle and in termal display. Whereas in my version, he is holding a torch, covered in mud, and screaming at the top of his lungs. Letting the Predator know he is coming for him. The title and Schwarzeneggers name are glowing in red. The Predator is only partial visiable to represent his chameleon like qualities. The Predator has his target laser on Schwarzenegger which guides your eyes down to the title. The copy gives you a quick and inspiring insight to the movie.
15. ALIEN: Just like the original movie poster, I decided to use an egg, but unlike the original, I use one from the movie whereas theirs was an ostrich egg. Looked awesome, and it was great in its day and still is, but when you see the movie, the egg is more alien. I wanted it to glow like it does in the movie. The nebula serves two purposes: One, it conveys it is taking place in space and two, it is visual representation of the mist that hangs over the eggs like a security grid. The alien is only partial visible and so is Sigourney. The egg also represents pandoras box. Something that mankind was not meant to open. As it escalates, it becomes more horrifying. From facehugger, to chest-burster, to the biggest and ugliest looking thing in the universe. The slogan used for the movie poster:" Exploring Space Is Scary. Face Your Fears. " I wanted the copy to match the creative.
16. ALIENS: Face Your Fears! Face the big scary 16 foot tall alien monster. Don't be such a big baby. You have a flame thrower! Relax.
17. ALIEN 3: No Amount of Pepto Bismol is going to fix that problem. I keep using the FACE YOUR FEAR as part of the. copy because it fits! I like it. Wait for Alien: Resurrection. A New Poster! Face Your Fears!
18. TRANSFORMERS: While this is not a sequel like many of my other creative, it is all part of my philosophy about TRANSFORMATION! My people are very big about TRANSFORMATION.
19. ROCKY: Still a Stallone fan. In this poster there is a lot of symbolism. The halo effect behind him is to show how religious his character is in the movie. The Rocky title is in the shape of the American flag because the character is very patriotic. The quote is from the movie because that is how he became a heavy weight champion The image of Rocky is a symbol of success and hope for everyone who wants to be more in this world.
20. RAMBO: Big Stallone fan. The image is rendered in photoshop to appear like drawing/painting. I wanted to do something unnatural to illustrate the unique qualities of Rambo. The character is not about technology, he is about the fundamental elements of survival. Back to basics in one simple way. Just like in the movie, he does not rely on computers, or heavy weaponry, but he does rely on his mind, his skill, his survival training, his knife and his bow and arrow. Rather than make it look like a hi res photo, I wanted it to be more like a painting/drawing but subtle. I didn't want exaggerated paint daubs or excessive lines, something simple. The copy is to convey the characters ability to fight.
21. RAMBO (2ND VERSION) Same feel, different look. Went for a painting motif and love the image of him standing in the rain. It's an image of defiance and strength.
22. DREDD: Don't judge me too quickly until you learn more about me. Similar image to the original theatre version only more of him and also done up like the Wonder Woman poster. Mr. Stallone likes to paint and so do I.
23. THE EXPENDABLES: A simple black and white image with a a red gradient that matches the guns and knives in the background. The Red is symbolic of blood, and the black and white represents right and wrong, or good vs evil. The original copy is to provide a quick overview of the characters and why they refer themselves as EXPENDABLES. Despite calling themselves Expendables, they are NOT EXPENDABLE. They are more than just a team, they are like family. They refer themselves as EXPENDABLES becuase of the type of missions that they are assigned to whereby, if they fail, the government will disavow any knowledge or connection. There is also an additional reference as to why they refer themselves as EXPENDABLES. Stallone and many of the other actor who appear in the movie wanted Hollywood and their fans to see them as being actors with box-office value and not as over-the-hill actors.
24. CREED: CREATIVE is MY CREED In the background a red sketched bars appear which is the banner of the American Flag. Apollo Creed appears as a shadow. This represents Adonis Johnson's life being stuck in the shadow of his father that he never knew and yet followed in his footsteps. The signifance of Apollo was he is the catalyst for Rocky. Go back to 1976 when it all happened and it is the 200th Anniversary of America. Apollo represents success and patriotism. His character gives Rocky a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to become the Heavy Weight Champion of the world. The significance of Adonis is his character gives Rocky a renewed reason to live and to do for Adonis what Apollo did for Rocky. Apollo represents the past, and Adonis and Rocky represent the present and future of boxing. They appear in color and only within the shadow of Apollo. Besides it looks awesome! Stop criticizing!
25: CLIFFHANGER: Double meaning. The movie is about Resuce Rangers who are Rock Climbers and they have to hang on to a cliff. And the old movie term is in reference to the drama that leaves you on the edge of your seat. Kind of like being at the Cayuga Speedway. It wouldn't be a Stallone movie without Transformation. I used a scene similar to the one used in the original creative, only it has Janine Turner. The Title is vertical instead of horizontal to give a sense of height. SImilarly, the background is to provide depth.
26. SUPERMAN: Similar to my original version but with a new twist. now it show an over exaggerated speed of Superman. The Superman emblem is white because just like his father, the symbol is white on a black background to represent justice. The steel gradient represents his nickname: Man of Steel and a metaphor of his morals and super human strength. Superman is in color because he represents hope and inspiration.
27. TRON LEGACY: Great movie: Worthy sequel. My own spin on the creative. The copy is a thing of awesomeness. It doesn't get any better.
28. NO TIME TO DIE: Shaken, not stirred. For Queen and Country. Creative, not mundane. I appreciate the newest creative for this movie is stronger. Yet, I believe they did something similar with SPECTRE. I know, how about Feather of Confidence? Just a thought. Pip-pip and all that rot, old bean. Cherio.
29. BATTLESHIP: You're going to die. I'm going to die. We're all going to die. Just not today. Just like Feather of Confidence, this little boutique advertising agency has some life left in it.
30. ROBOCOP: Same creative, different copy. He's not a cyborg! He's a cop! Like it should matter if he's cyborg.
31. YAMATO MODEL: Take something as simple as a plastic model and voila! Transformation.
32. YAMATO: Another example of transformation. The name was given during its christening ceremony when Admiral Yamamoto, was supposed to name it the Musashi. However, the bottle slipped out of his hand and dropped it on his foot. He yelled, "Ya, my toe!" Just teasing. The name is from the Yamato people who are regarded with the highest respect.
33. Star Trek: FATHER FIGURES: Love this one! So much fun putting it together. Originally created to help facilitate a amicable solution for Paramount to move forward with the movie. It seems that they were not going to move forward with the current cast. I developed this idea from the previous ideas that were being pitched. I thought it would make for a great movie. The poster has Bruce Greenwood as Admiral Pike, and Chris Hemsworth as George Kirk. Their images are to convey that their fate is still in transition. This incarnation of this particular creative, has more images that connect with the copy to give you, the audience a quick overview of the concept behind this idea which is still in transition in Hollywood.
34. Star Trek THE PRETTY PICTURE: My own satire on design. The irony is how some creative looks better being super simple and no creative involved. Whereas, ideally, all designs should be simple and creative.
35. Star Trek: The Motion Picture: This is affectionately called the Ilia postrer in honor of the late Persis Khambatta. I wanted to do a teaser poster that would have inspired more fans to go see it when it originally came out but would have aggravated a lot of fans too because the poster is way more interesting than the movie.
36. Star Trek: The Motion Picture: The Boys Are Back In Space. This is a fun poster, the copy is a spin off the song, The Boys Are Back In Town. Nothing of deep meaning in this poster. Just fun.
37. Star Trek 2: The Wrath of Khan: Mutara Battle. This is one of the best sci-fi space battles of all time. The copy is very specific in its meaning: Seed is a direct reference to the TV episode Space Seed which is the inspiration for this movie. Khan has been in exile for 15 years and wants revenge. The reason for using the word strong was to convey that his people are super humans and his swelling hatred of Kirk is equally strong. Kahn is wearing his Ceti-Alpha 5 clothes which help blend into the mutara nebula. Kirk and Spock from the reactor room scene, just before Spock dies. Scotty holding his nephew after Khan's attack. Love these dramatic scenes. Enjoy.
38. Klingon Guile: My contribution to the Klingon homeworld. As mentioned before I have a tendency to cling on to certain things like Star Trek. I wanted to depict the Klingon mining moon from Star Trek 6 just prior to its explosion. The Klingon symbol is in a rock texture. As I mentioned previously, i love to work with various textures. It creates a sense of strength and security, while at odds with the chaos that is erupting around them. I have added various lighting effects to showcase some of my talent. Yes, that is Klingon text which spells Guile in the Klingon language. Enjoy.
39. .ROGUE ONE is my favorite inbetweenquel. (I coined that phrase by the way). An inbetweenquel is a movie that takes place between a prequel and a sequel. Therefore, it is a inbetweenquel. I did the Rogue One in monotone as a symbolic representation of it being in the past, and that they are all spirits now. I took the most powerful scene in the movie and built around it.
40. STAR WARS; A NEW HOPE: Taking images from various famous scenes throughout the movie, I place them all together to create a epic image. May the Force Be With You.
41.. STAR WARS: JEDI KNIGHTS AND MASTERS: I was inspired by the new and upcoming movie, but by a different title. At the time of the original creatiion, I wasn't sure what the title would be, so I came up with this idea of haivng Masters Yoda, Skywalker and Obi Wan Kenobi in the background and Daisy Riddley kicking butt. I wanted to show the FORCE, but I was thinking how to do it visually. I used the light speed effect and deflected it off the lightsaber. A jedi controls the force and controls all elements of it. Why not light speed?
42. 2010: In the 2001 and 2010 posters, the artists use the unborn child as a metaphor for transformation. A change in knowledge and a change in mankinds understanding of themselves and their place in the universe. The monolith is like a baby monitor. The aliens that left it behind to monitor mankind and as mankind grows it is like a parent encouraging their baby to walk. Come out to space, it is not so bad out here. My poster is a dedication to one of my favorite actors, Roy Scheider. In my poster, I wanted to use his picture and yet make it seem like part of the background. The Hal 9000 and the Monolith share the same shape and becomes a symbol of knowledge. The USS Discovery, I used as a photoshop challenge, it was originally white and I changed it to look like the 2010 version.
43.. Blue Thunder: Love the idea behind this movie. I would do it completely different if I had a chance to write a new version of this. I did a lot of photoshop work to make the helicopter look like it is a night picture from a day picture. The font looks like it belongs and ties in with lightning.
44. JAWS: Love Jaws! The original creative is epic and still holds well by today's standards. I did a photoshop version, which is similar to the oringal creative. The copy supports the element of horror in the picture. There is no symbolism or metaphor in this creative, except don't swim in the water with a fish that has over 300 teeth and licks its chops every time it sees a person in teh water. I don't blame the shark for wanting to eat her, she's beautiful, I would want to eat her too. **DISCLAIMER** No humans or sharks were harmed in the prodcution of this creative.
45 .SHAFT: Love the orignal and this new version. Wanted to capture the modern day New York in the background but have the copy tie-in directly with the movie. The leather jacket has blue and red to represent police lights and let you know he is the good guy. The scarf, I made purple because it is Samuel L. Jackson's favorite color.
46. Dirty Harry: One of my all time favorite cop movies. This was a creative challenge. Use only one photo that is not a full picture and make it look good. This is also another example of abstract realism. The police lights look great but not too literal. I then did a lighting technique on either side of him to show the illumination from the police lights. The blue light reflects mostly on the 44 Magnum and makes it look like blue steel. The red lighting effect creates a neat shadowing effect on his face. I then place a yellow bar across his body to provide a visual break and cover up the picture crop. I made the yellow bar look like police tape with the words Do Not Cross as a double meaning. Do Not Cross as what you would expect to see on police tape and as a warning not to mess with Detective Harry Callahan.
47. FAST and FURIOUS: Dwayne Johnson surrounded by flames - smoldering. A simple but solid pretty picture.
48. MAD MAX: In all the previous movie versions, there have been no nuclear
bombs in the creative. Crazy! I wanted it to be modern looking but utilizing all the images from the original movie. The reason why I love Mad Max because the character is a cop but could have been easily a butcher, a naval officer or a politican. What makes Mad Max interesting is him being a cop still trying to dispense justice in a world without order. Makes being a cop in our world seem easy by comparison. No worries.
49. DARK KNIGHT: WHY SO SERIOUS? Inspired by the original Tim Burton series, and created after the Christopher Nolan series, this creative embraces the connection between Batman and the Joker in regard to death of his parents. The roses symbolize the death of his parents and his Batman transformation. The bat symbol represents the connection with the Joker as it takes form of the bat logo and the Joker's face. The Joker's smile is superimposed on the logo and his eyes receded behind the logo because his smile and eyes are the most memorable features of the villain and has a menacing vibe. The quote is from the Joker in the movie and is in a shape of a smile to connect with the villain. The blood dripping off the logo represents the death of Batman's parents and the blood spilled by the Joker.
50. SPIDER-MAN 2: Utlizing the original creative and making it look like it as at night time instead of at sunset. Contrast works really well. Taking the original idea of Dr. Ock's image in Spider-man's lenses, and adding one of his tentacles, along with some nice copy, it takes on a new look and achieving the same effect of the original designer's intent.
51. Beverly Hills Cop 2: Eddie in previous posters is in his Detroit Lion's jacket and jeans. But I like the suit! Just like to be different. The copy is to invoke a sense of friendship, morality and the truth that regardless of which police force you serve, we're all brothers.
52. PIRATES OF THE CARIBBEAN: Designed with the intent that it is a PIRATES LIFE FOR ME. SAVVY?
53. Farscape: This is a depiction of the beginning of the show. The top layer is a metaphorical representation of the tear in the fabric of space. The bottom layer is a wormhole that transports Astronaut John Crichton to this new galaxy where he begins his new journey with aliens that eventually become his friends and shipmates. As his character once said, "You know you want it!" Call Feather of Confidence Inc today!
54. The Magnificent 7: Using a traditional parchment texture to capture old western style wanted poster. Monochromatic colouring, and details about the character from the movie.
55. FireFox: This one took forever. The color scheme in the clouds is the same as the title, it is yellow, orange and red. Fire colors to showcase balance between all elements of the creative. The two mig's were recreated through various photoshop techniques to bring them up to an acceptable visual level.
56. The Hunt For Red October: My pride and Joy. One of my best works. Created the logo to have a modern look to it but to remain true to the oringinal movie. The star is a symbol of nationalities and common ground between the United States and the Soviet Union. Red for the Soviets and White for the United States. The lighting behind Alec Baldwin and Sir Sean Connery serve to reinforce that they are on opposite sides but are both good people. The copy is in a green font to emulate the computer type from that era. The copy is dramatic and gives a very quick but detailed overview of the story. This artwork is an example of abstract realsim. Their uniforms are both black and fade into the water and the water blends into their uniforms. The Red October has never been properly featured in any studio or fan art and I thought that seeing that the movie is all about this specific submarine, it should be in the artwork
57. RAIDERS OF THE LOST ARK: This was worth the wait. I am a big fan of the original poster, and if I could do renderings like that, I could write my own cheque. Instead of trying to match it, my goal was to do something different and something that is as appealing. The copy: Professor, Archeologist and Raider was inspired by the title as well as all the different HATS he wears (PUN INTENDED). I wanted the three main characters to be featured and presented like an old treasure map/ drawing. I included Egyptian hieroglyphics that depicts the Ark, and the map room. a couple of images from the Well of Souls. I wanted an action picture of Harrison Ford and then I decided to do the opposite and show him smiling.
58. BACK TO THE FUTURE: Sort of looks like the sketched version of the original movie poster. Again, I am moving in this direction, where I will have more posters rendered in Illustrator than using rasterized images and blending them together to make a kickass image.I added in a lot of effects to transform an ordinary DeLorean into the Back To The Future car.
59. BACK TO THE FUTURE : second version
60. You Damn Dirty Apes! Relax! So we're enslaved...again. Big deal. We should be used to by now. We did 100 years before and we can do it again. Wait this is the version where we're in charge! I like this fantasy. It is a military dream come true. No one can talk! Awesome! Shut your mouth. I really think the writing team that did the new 3 movies should be allowed to do their vision of POTA. If they need inspiration, look to Feather of Confidence. Liberator of my people and of ideas.
61: The Fighting 17th! We don't need Emergency 51, we have the fellas from the Fighting 17th. The original creative was very powerful and I drew creative strength from it and created this version. You Go. We Go. I think Kurt Russell's character was good either way. He could have easily have dropped Scott Glenn, because he was the bad guy. He held on instead because he's the good guy and he's not going to let a firefighter die and that's why he tries.
62. July 2nd, They Arrive. July 3rd, They Attack. This Independence Day, We Fight Back! Damn! If that don't put hair on your chest, nothing will. Makes me want to be American. Can you imagine the Canadian version? Shit! They arrive and we politely invite them and entertain them. WE get interview some.
Then after thoroughly boring the crap out them, they leave.
63. Baywatch: More dick jokes in this movie than at a Bar Mitzvah. I know, I am a Rabbi. I am undercover. It's okay. I can say stuff like this and get away with it. Dwayne is bigger than life, so I made him this poster, with phallic imagery.
64. HARD TARGET: Wham! Bam! Van! Damme! They thought he was easy prey. He turned out to be a Hard Target. This summer, Jean-Claude Van Damme is a HARD TARGET! In theatres everywhere. I used the same theme as the original poster because the bad guys hunt after homeless people who are former soliders or mercenaries with Bow and Arrows. I added in my own copy, did a different version of the arrow head with the words: Bonne Chance. Meaning Good Luck. Makes sense because this takes place in the Bayou outside of New Orleans.
65. Dr. Who: Day of the Doctor: BEST DR WHO EVER!!! I mean the episode/made for TV movie. It is s a tie between Tom Baker and Matt Smith for being the best Doctor Who. In my opinion, this is true. Other Whovians, will testify that they are all brilliant incarnations and no who is better than the other. Besides, I don't have the TIME to argue this point. Because of the title, Day of the Doctor and he is a TIME and SPACE Traveller, (No Air Miles for you! ) I selected a rather old fashioned Sun Dial to be the symbolic metaphor of time. I have Dr. Who and Clara encompassed in the the sun dial with Rays of Light exploding in all directions as representation of the possible outcomes of his journey.
66. The FIFTH ELEMENT: I did not copy Star Trek! The colors are not random, they each represent each element. Yellow for Wind, Blue for Water, Green for Earth, Red for Fire and Orange for LeeLoo (The fifth element)
67. Caprica: Eve's Apple: I love the original Advertising for this show. The character, Zoe Graustone is depicted as Eve. Because technology is our sin and we get kicked out of paradise. I added binary images to her body to represent her transformation to becoming a computer program..A rough looking sketch of the U 87 cylon which eventually turns on mankind after the essence of Zoe is uploaded to the cylon brain.
68. Wonder Woman: Too much symbolism in this but she deserves it! First, the moon, this is a feminie symbol to prove that even though she is super tough and smart that she is all woman. Within the moon, is the Greek symbol of strength, at first glance you can't really see but take a closer look. The bracelets are glowing to represent her power. Her tiara has a flare to symbolize her intelligence. The bracelets also have the symbol of harmony to connect her power with her purpose to restore and bring balance to the world. The copy is from the movie teaser posters. Rather than saying Girl Power. Just POWER because it shouldn't matter if she is a woman. What does matter is she is a hero
69. WW84 : Neon Glow Meets Abstract Art. Together it becomes something so beautifual and unattainable, it might as well be Gal Gadot. It is Wonder Woman 1984. I changed her uniform color to be more reflective of the uniform she normal wears. The paint is symbolic of me trying to do something different. The Neon glow is one of the strongest images from the 80's and Big Hair.
70. A KNIGHT'S TALE: Proof that a designer can change his stars. I did it up as a sketch to convert the eloquence of the era. I like the sketch look with a red background that represents the passion and blood spilled in jousting.
71. AVENGERS: END GAME: Eat your heart out, Stan Lee! This is going to be one of my greatest masterpieces! So proud. It helps when your art subjects are dead sexy. Because they're beautiful the creative by default is beautiful. Especially, Scarlet in hot pink. Shazam!
72. LET'S RIDE! GHOST RIDER: A new year, a new creative. The skull is burnt as a symbol of the sin he carries for making a deal with the Devil to save his father. The copy is fun. I was tempted to write something else but it seemed like it didn't fit and too copy heavy. Keep it simple, short and to the point. God, it is hell being this creative!
1. Star Trek: FATHER FIGURES: Love this one! So much fun putting it together. Originally created to help facilitate a amicable solution for Paramount to move forward with the movie. It seems that they were not going to move forward with the current cast. I developed this idea from the previous ideas that were being pitched. I thought it would make for a great movie. The poster has Bruce Greenwood as Admiral Pike, and Chris Hemsworth as George Kirk. Their images are to convey that their fate is still in transition. This incarnation of this particular creative, has more images that connect with the copy to give you, the audience a quick overview of the concept behind this idea which is still in transition in Hollywood.
2. OLD HABITS DIE HARD: It was either this title or DIE HARD 6: DIE HARDEST: DIE SO HARD YOU COULD JUST DIE. This is a concept idea for Hollywood. Reunites John McClane and Holly Genero at the Nakatomi Plaza. What are the odds that the same thing could happen to the same guy 6 times???
3. Battlestar Galactica: Resurrection: Just like their symbol of the Phoenix in Galactica, they have been reborn. This takes place 150,000 years after they found Earth, and takes place now. The ship is the Ship of Lights that was a main feature in the orignal Galactica, I thought maybe it would be fun to put it in this version of Galactica. The crew are brought back to life. Question, how and why were they brought back to life? I thought it would be a great idea for a new TV Series or Mini-Series.
4. Classic Galatica: Cylon Wars: Concept idea. I hear Universal is still trying to come up with a script. I have more ideas than GOD!
5. MATRIX: Concept idea for a prequel. NOT an inbetweenquel.
6. BIONIC MAN: Astronaut Steve Austin is famous for his speed and his red track suit. I found a black and white image, colonized, added a motion effect, put in a green grid which is commonly associated with the diagrams of his bionics and the EKG image as well. Thanks to HOMELAND SECURITY.
7 and 8. BLUE THUNDER 2020 CONCEPT BLUE PRINTS: New concept idea for Blue Thunder is to use a Black Hawk or Ghost Hawk Helicopter as the base for it and Harrier Jet Engine V/stol idea as a redundant back up to prevent the helicopter from being shot down or crashing due to the main rotor failure. Equipped with counter-measures and the latest computer equipment.
Introduction: Similarly like the logo designs the Creative Designs are both original and modified designs. The Advertising creative is completely original.
1. 153, eh. My country looks as new as the day it was created. Ageless. Look as good you are not when you reach 153 years old.
2. The Fourth of July 2020. The Americans didn't say we CAN'T have fireworks because of COVID 19 because there is not CANT in AmeriCAN. USA! USA! USA!
3. The Quebec Wolf Pack: Hockey Players are like wolves, they're aggressive and and they move in packs. This is to serve as an example of the benefit of doing a team rename to get a stronger and more inspiring image for the players and fans to identify with. Also this serves multiple purposes. A name that is not random and actually does stem from the fact that there are wolves that are indigenous to the outer part of Quebec City. It sounds great too. The image is unique and draws on African influence and draws on modern concepts. As well as an example of a logo that both fits and and doesn't fit.
4. LV RAIDERS - Really getting good use out of my Jolly Roger. Used it for Pirates of the Caribbean, then for Top Gun and Now for a potential logo for the LOS VEGAS RAIDERS. Instead of a literal looking pirate, something more abstract and yet more bad ass.
5. GHOST RIDERS - MARVELS new NFL team. Your logo is waiting for you. If you wear it, you will look Marvellous.
6. CYLON RAIDER - Did this as both a joke and to prove how strong my illustrator skills are.
7. The Braniff Logo. So nice, I had to display it twice. Fortunately, I was not around in the 70's to do the redesign on Mary Well's behalf. Otherwise, this would have quickly escalated to become the hallmark of the bad ass airline in the sky. The pilots would have to belong to a motorcycle gang, the stewards would be strippers and the customer service people would be the meanest and most vicious people you ever saw. This is a great logo.
8. My two favorite demonstration posters of the Braniff International, showcasing the Concorde, the decision that destroyed their business. It was a great idea in one sense, but wrong application. I designed two ads that make it look like its from the 70's. Fun stuff.
9. 50 Years of Flaunting It! The transformation from a C-3 Airliner from the 1930's to the beautiful and sleek Concorde.
SAME DIFFERNCE IS TAKING THE ORIGNAL THEATRICAL CREATIVE AND PUTTING A NEW SPIN ON IT. Mostly just using the same image and adding new copy.
1. ROBOCOP: Got so fired up about seeing this movie when I saw the original ads for it. I wanted to test myself against a very strong piece of creative. I used the same visual supplied by the studio and I added new copy. I think my copy is very strong. I still forfeit to the original.
2. Total Recall: This was a minor modification of the original. I used the same image of Schwarzenegger and made him Red to connect with Mars. I added new images and took a quote from the movie, Get Your Ass To Mars. I love this version way better than the remake of the movie. This movie plot was more fun.
3. BACK TO THE FUTURE - Yo, Mike Flie! Anybody home?! Thankfully, I don't work for Biff. As one Irish Jew to another, this Flie has taken the exact same creative that was beautifully illustrated back in the day and did a photo rendering version of it to make this poster come alive.
4. Spider-man - Day and Night this one! If you recall the original movie version of this creative, it is virtually identical, only I transformed the creative into a night version instead of the daylight and coloured version. I added a tentacle and left the image of Doctor Octopus reflected in his lenses in color to add contrast. New copy.