Corporate Logo for Feather of Confidence 2018. Nickname: The New Beginnings Logo. A new beginning for my company, vendors, clients and the industry.
Feather of Confidence offers Advertising and Design services in both print and digital. Print design or Advertising include: Outdoor media (billboard, transit, transit shelters), magazines, and newspaper. Digital Advertising or Design include: Outdoor media (transit, transit shelters and Digital billboards) website creative, TV static ads.
1. How many employees do you have?
Just myself. I own and operate the company by myself and until I acquire enough customers and revenue to justify employing more staff, I will continue to work as a one-man operation.
2. What qualifies you to operate the company on your own?
• I am a graduate from Seneca College in Advertising with honours.
• I have Bachelor of Arts from U of T.
• 20 years of experience
• I possess a myriad of creative skills that include designing, creative direction, writing, media buying and planning, analysis and a history of getting results for my clients and employers.
3. Can you do what a major Advertising agency can do?
Yes, I can create designs or advertisements for your company. I can place you into any media from magazines to TV. However, because I do not have the budget of a major ad agency, I can only get you into certain media if there is space or if the larger agencies either cancel their bookings or if they resell their space to me. In other words, space in certain media is subject to availability.
4. How much time is required to book space on radio or television?
The more advanced time you can provide me, the better the chances of booking space. Many Advertising agencies book months and sometimes years in advance to secure space for their clients. The more time I have to work with, the more likely I can book and negotiate space for you. When buying Advertising space on radio and television, it is important to buy on frequency (meaning getting the appropriate amount of exposure for your company to get the right results).
5. Are you affiliated with any of the major Advertising agencies?
No, I am independently operated.
6. If you are incorporated, what jurisdiction do you have for your operation?
Feather of Confidence Incorporated is now a Canadian Federal Incorporation. As of September 21, 2018, my company is open for business in every province and territory. Come one, come all. I'm back in business!
7. What is your tax number that you use to collect tax from your customers?
Hst/ Gst # 850766254 RT0001
8. When did you start your company?
Originally started as a sole proprietorship on May 15, 2008; Incorporated on August 20, 2009; company shutdown on October 2011 due to unforeseen circumstances. Restarted on August 29, 2018. So, tell your friends.
9. Referral fee: Anyone who refers a new client and it is worth more than $5,000 for the initial project will receive a referral fee of 2.5% of the gross before taxes on the initial project. But if it is something that ends up being worth over $1 Million, I am a nice guy, we can talk. This kind of revenue referral should be properly rewarded.
10. Do you have an office location where your customers can visit you?
No, at present I have an online presence only. However, if you want to book an appointment, you can either do it through the website, or call me at 416.301.6917 and I will meet you at your place of business or anywhere else that is more convenient.
11. If you are located in Toronto, are you exclusively doing business in just Toronto?
Actually, I am happy to do business with any Canadian company or Crown Corporation in the entire country.
12. From a logistics point of view, how far will you travel to meet someone?
I am willing to travel anywhere in Canada to meet with an existing client. If it is for a potential client, it depends on how serious they are in doing business with Feather of Confidence Inc. If I believe that the potential client is very serious or ready to sign with the company, then I will travel anywhere in the country to see them. However, for those who are unsure or just interested in gathering some information, than we can Skype or Facetime.
13. Why do you have so many movie poster designs on your site?
To be different. I am a big movie-buff, and I thought it would be fun to design movie posters the way I thought they should have been done and then you can compare creatives. Do you see the quality and the value in my creative? If so, I hope we can do business.
14. Why do you have so many demonstration artwork on your site?
Because it has been a number of years since my company was last active, I wanted to demonstrate my design skills and show what I can do now. While some people might be impressed with previous artwork, most would be more impressed with something current meet that expectation, I have taken it upon myself to show as much variety as possible, so potential customers like you can decide if they want to use my amazing services and get results!
15. Why is your site available in so many different languages?
Canada is a major multicultural nation and while many people appear to be fluent in English, they would be more at ease reading in their native language. So, the site is available in a variety of languages. Hope you find this useful.
16. Why don't you have your pricing on your site?
Due to the nature of the industry, pending on timing and frequency of the media purchase, prices vary. Also depending if the job is a rush order or not, but most importantly, regardless of anything else, the final price for your particular job will be in writing in the quote. The quote is good for 5 business days and it is a non-obligation quote. If you agree with the pricing you can sign-off and approve it, or say no to the quote and move forward from there. Either way, you have total transparency in pricing and no hidden costs or fees. Trust in Feather of Confidence.
17. How do I know if I will be happy with the creative?
Every stage of the creative process has a sign- off stage to ensure that you are totally satisfied with the final product. I will not do anything without your expressed permission, or do anything that you do not believe in. This ensures that you have the very best quality that is available within your budget.
18. Are your designs for sale?
No, but if you wish to download them you can. Each design is 4 inches wide and 6 inches long at 150 dpi. This is purely for review purposes, in case you admire my work and wish to hire my company. There are only three designs on the site that are intended for sale but only for a specific buyer in each case.
19. How do you define Rush orders?
Any project that is required in a minimum of 5 business days. Also depending on the amount of work required to complete the project while maintaining the same level of quality. If there is too much to be done within the five day time limit then I will turn down the project or do only a portion of what I can do as though I were permitted my usual 3 business weeks/15 business days.
20. Do your customers have to wait a full 3 business weeks if you complete the project early?
Of course not. You are entitled to have the finished product whenever I have completed it to both my satisfaction and your satisfaction. Otherwise, I require 15 business days to do a thorough job.
21. Suppose I need a project faster than 5 business days?
We can negotiate, but based on my experience it is better to give 5 business days to complete the project. Anything faster than that and you risk having substandard quality or lack of creativity.
I appreciate that some companies need Marketing/Advertising materials in short order but in all my years of experience it amazes me how often mistakes are found and how there is always plenty of time to reprint or to recreate a piece of creative after the fact. Key to success is do it right the first time and save money and embarrassment if having to redo a project all over again. Remain calm and do it right the first time.
22. If I can not afford the photography for the print/digital advertisement, how will you accomplish this task?
The photography is priced fairly and the models, if required, are also affordable, but in the rare instance, if you are really in a financial position that you are unable to afford photography for your product or service, I will acquire professional quality images from a supplier such as Alamy or Shutterstock. This is a more affordable option but in most cases will require more photoshopping than a professionally taken photo. Where you gain, you lose.
23. What is the difference between a quote and a proposal?
A quote involves the medium that will be used along with an audience profile and overall costs associate with each segment of the quote. The quote also includes creative costs. A proposal involves more details like return on investment, creative strategy, design ideas, timings, critical path, and project overview. A proposal happens after the quote has been approved. The reason for the proposal happening after the quote has been approved is to ensure dedication by the client to the campaign. Furthermore, the initial consultation and quote are free, and despite being a super nice guy, I have to eat too. You should see my grocery bill each month.
24. Q: Why do you have so many versions of the NASA logo on your site? A: I am trying to sell it to NASA in hopes that they will replace their current logo called the Meatball.
25. Q: What does NASA mean? It is an acronym which means: National Aeronautics and Space Administration. In Hebrew it means: Lift Up
26.Q: What is your Federal Incorporation Number and Business Number?
A: 1108877-7 is the Federal Incorporation Number and similar to the Tax number, only it ends with RC 0001.